TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Sep 12, 2009

3 Goals and a Ronin

An Old Draft

Mizuno Wave Ronin 2

How I love to buy those shoes.
I need one to be more competitive and a little more motivated.
I will definitely smash my PR time of 53:42 one of these days and I'd love to be in those shoes when I do it. Hehe.. To keep the competitive spirit though, I will only buy the pair of shoes if I were able to achieve these 3 solid goals by end of August.

1. Finish the Hataw Pilipinas 10K race within 48 minutes on August 9.
  •  If I can, then I would have smashed my previous PR by leaps and bounds. 
  • I've been training very hard though, so I know it's possible.
  • The plan/strategy is to pace the first 4km (5min/km),  run steady and faster for the next 4km (4:30min/km)  and then sprint the last 2km (4min/km). Allow 2 minutes of any sort of probable problems : 20 + 18 + 8 + 2 = 48 mins.
2. Finish the Botak Paa Tibayan 5Miles (8Km) race within 35 minutes on August 23.
  •  Wow, If I can do that, then I'll be in a competitive level by the end of this year.
  • Just a little secret between you and me, I want to be a competitive 10K runner by next year!!!
  • Which means? I want to be at the Top 10 of each 10K race by next year.
  • To do that, I need 10K times below the 40-minute mark. 
  • I say, "Better train harder Jayson!" I definitely will.
3. 154 pounds by end of August.
  •  To run faster, I need to get rid of the extra fats. (motto: To compete, get fit.)
  • I've lost 5 pounds already in 1 month (162.4 to current 157.8).
  • Continuing with the training, I should be well within 154 in another month.
There you have it Jays..
Meet those 3 short-term goals and I'll buy you the Ronin.

HeheHe.
See you on September races, when I do have the Ronin on me. ;)
  
Results
1. Finished the Hataw Pilipinas 10K race at 51:19 minutes last August 9. (3:19 minutes slower)
2. Finished the Botak Paa Tibayan 10Miles (16Km), not 5Miles (8Km), race at 1:20:08 hours  last August 23. (5 minutes slower, but doubled the race distance)
3. Weighed 150.8 pounds last August 28. (3.2 pounds lower than hoped for, yey!)


Will I reward myself or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment