I'm crazy enough to do a full 42km marathon.
I need a lot of push from everyone else and at the same time, share this experience to you all. I need buddies to support and check on me NOT to quit on this 42 kilometer run.
Why will I join the Marathon?
- I believe I can. And not doing it if one could is a waste of talent and opportunity.
- For fitness. I've had excessive fats on my belly for over 7 years now. I want to get back to my old healthy high-school basketball-varsity body. Running this Marathon would help me shed 10 pounds. And that would be a giant leap to my fitness and health level.
- For the thrill and love of running. Boy I love to run! And for the love of running, I will do this.
- I want to lead the way and encourage some of my family members and friends that achieving a healthy body and living a healthy lifestyle need not be expensive. You just got to have the will, patience, discipline and perseverance to reach your goals if you really want them bad enough.
Dead serious. I want it so bad.
When and where is the marathon?
November 8, 2009 in Manila. It's the Philippine International Marathon.
What are my exact and definite goals?
- Finish the marathon. I need not finish it in a target time but with practice and determination, I hope to finish it under 3:45:00.
- Lose 10 pounds after the training and the marathon race. I would be around 140-lbs after November 8.
- Blog about the preparations, training, the support, and the marathon experience. Lead the way for my family and friends to live a healthy lifestyle.
How would I prepare for this marathon?
- First, do a half marathon (21Km) on September 20. I have prepared a 21-day training plan for this race.
- Gauge from the results of this Half Marathon if I could do a Full Marathon.
- Prepare a 42-day training plan for the full marathon (42Km) on November 8.
I am already on my 11th week of training after three 10K runs and a 10Mile run last Sunday. So I have a 10-week training base and a 200++ kilometers of running mileage before this marathon training. My marathon training kicks off this Sunday, August 30. The Half Marathon will be on September 20.
Here is my 21-day Half Marathon Training Plan.
Rota Run '09 21 Km Race Route
Half Marathon Race Results
I had a successful Half Marathon Debut at 1:24:14 hours. Here is my complete account of my first half marathon race. And here is my review of my performance and the Ways to Improve After the 21K Rota Run.
Full Marathon Training
After 14 weeks of running and racing, and a half marathon race now in the bag, I now train for the full marathon. See my Marathon Training Schedule here. On this same link, I will be providing my training updates - the training runs, the hardships, the struggles, the drama, whatever it takes to cross the marathon finish line.
I have also prepared my marathon strategy. Click on the link to read the details of my 21-10-8 marathon run strategy. For the last three weeks prior to the marathon, I will be training to keep up with that plan. Hopefully, I will be able to follow and execute. If I do, then it should be a very successful marathon debut.
Call For Your Much Needed Support
I will run for you on this upcoming ILOG PASIG MARATHON..
Together, let us help Kapit Bisig Para Sa Ilog Pasig and promote physical fitness.
Natulungan na naten ang ating Inang Kalikasan, nakikita pa natin yung biyaya ng magandang kalusugan.
Please do support me on my upcoming November Marathon.
Tatakbo ako para sa iyo, sa nature at sa pagpapahalaga sa ating kalusugan.
NO to health problems especially heart-related and the like.
YES to a healthy lifestyle and a fit body.
Any comments, word of support, advice, financial pledge or morale support will be much appreciated. Maraming maraming salamat.
There you have it guys.. I need a lot of support for this marathon. I know I could not do it alone. Please pray for my safety and a wonderful marathon experience. Please let me know of your opinions regarding my plan and my training schedule. Thanks a lot.
With a grateful heart for all your support,
Marathon Race Results
I had a successful Marathon Debut. Thanks a lot for all your support. Until next time. ;)