TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Apr 13, 2010

Running Mini Clinic in Bolinao Pangasinan

In this blog, we take a break from running on the road. Instead, we share our running knowledge and experience on a stage. Recently, I took a little step towards motivating myself and other people to take up running as a cardio exercise and a sport. I spoke about the sport I love and shared the passion I have about running and racing. The experience did raise my passionate spirit and boosted my desire to accomplish much more in the world of running.

Last Saturday night, I was given a chance by my colleagues to give a 15-minute talk about running and marathon. It was on the second night of our company outing at Punta Riviera Resort in Bolinao, Pangasinan.

I took the chance to hone my public speaking skills which is one of my weak spots. I prefer writing long stories than speaking a few sentences in front of an audience. I have a low voice which is not what you need for a public speech. But it was a great experience sharing my running knowledge to my office buddies. The talk also served to intensify my love for running.
 
I did talk a lot. I needed twice the allotted time to wrap up 9 of my prepared slides:


The running drills demonstration warmed me a up a bit and made me talk a lot more than I expected. Just sharing the fun and the knowledge. At the same time, let that knowledge and fun truly applies on actual road racing. Hopefully, I can walk the talk ('run the talk' is more like it) on my future races.

Here are some pictures of our Bolinao weekend vacation (April 9th - 11th, 2010).


These Bolinao Outing photos were courtesy of Drei, My, Katre, Leizl, Cha, Felix and Athan of Digi Software, Philippines. Thank you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Nice JAyson! Btw,if ever you need help with your slides, I teach Presentation Zen for marketing communications majors haha :P The ultimate anti-bullet Powerpoint method :)

    ReplyDelete