TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Aug 11, 2011

Power Up - Ten Weeks Strength Training




Getting ready for the Milo Finals.. We have secured the REBOUND.. Time for a thunderous SLAM DUNK. [See the intent on the eyes of Sakuragi.]





Rain poured. Cramps crept. Problems mounted.
The race report says we still qualify for the Milo Finals in December. Praise God. It was not just a successful marathon in terms of qualifying time. It was also a success for I had no major injuries. Only a cramping calf and a few blisters.

Now what?

In 2 months time, Nerissa and I will tie the knot on a church wedding. Before that, I still plan to lose some weight and power up for about 10 weeks, get a week break from running, then start with my Milo Finals training schedule.

Here's what I intend to do leading to the December 11 marathon:
  1. 10 Weeks for Strength Training, Aerobic Conditioning and Mileage Build Up
  2. 1 Week Wedding Break
  3. 8 Weeks Milo Finals Marathon Training

This week, I am still in post marathon recovery mode. Zero mileage last week. Zero again this week.

But I am lifting weights and already powering up in preparation for the next grueling marathon training schedule. I injured my right knee on the first marathon and I injured it again while training for my second marathon. On my third marathon, the strength training sessions helped me a lot to be able to conquer the long runs without bothering my knee so much.

The stronger hamstrings and quads eased the burden on my knees on long distance uphills run to Tagaytay City. I firmly believe that injury prevention starts with strengthening and preparing our muscles and body parts for the work load we intend to accomplish. I am sticking to this same principle and I will continue with my strength training sessions before I formally start with another marathon training. Here's my ten week strength training schedule from August 2 to October 7, 2011.

My 10-Week Strength Training Schedule
Table Last Edited October 5, 1:15PM
Week # Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Sat Sun
1
Chest 'n Back Arms Chest 'n Back


2 Arms Chest 'n Back Arms Chest 'n Back Legs

3 Arms Chest 'n Back Legs Chest 'n Back Legs

4 Arms Chest 'n Back Legs Chest 'n Back Legs

5 Arms Chest 'n Back Legs Chest 'n Back Legs

6 Arms Chest 'n Back Legs Chest 'n Back Legs

7 Arms Chest 'n Back Legs Chest 'n Back Legs

8 Arms Chest 'n Back Legs Chest 'n Back Legs

9 Arms Chest 'n Back Legs Chest 'n Back Legs

10 Arms Chest 'n Back Legs Chest 'n Back Legs


All the best and may our God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment