TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Sep 13, 2011

Fun Park Time Trials

In the next few weeks, I will attempt to break the 40-minute 10Km barrier.

Image from www.popstarplus.com

I haven't done that yet much like Coyote failing to catch Road Runner each and every time.

On Tempo, my fastest had been 41:08 minutes.
On a race, it was 43:49 minutes.

Focus and concentration play key roles for me to run a fast 10K.

During races, I get tons of pressure form my own self. The need to perform. The urge for a fast start.

During Tempos, I get to relax more. I tend to start slower and then build my speed as the Tempo progresses. There is no pressure to break official PRs. Just that playful attitude to try and clock some fast times.

Also playing a crucial role on faster Tempo times is knowing my pace for each kilometer. I run a 1K loop 10 times. Each loop, I will push the Lap button and gauge my lap performance. Need I run faster on the next? Need I slow down? There is that element of feedback that I get for each lap.

During races, I get lucky if I see kilometer markers every 2 kilometers. I do not have that constant feedback to restrain myself from over speeding or to push myself to catch up with my goal pace.

Why not buy a GPS running watch then, you ask. Well, I don't have the budget for it. And another thing, I don't see our Filipino elite runners wearing those expensive watches either. It is a good thing to have, but it is not a must have. (Hehe. I kinda like to support my own set of preferences and rationale.)

So I will be training on my 1Km lap more. And will be trying to let my mind and body adapt to that pace. Let the pace be embedded on my system naturally. And then with sufficient training and repetitions, hopefully I can carry it on a future 10K race. (without breaking my precious piggy bank in the process!)


I will be running these Time Trials every Thursday night.

Table Last Edited September 23, 10:00AM

Training
Week
1Km
Tempo
3Km
Tempo
5Km
Tempo
10Km
Tempo
Notes
3 3:35


First attempt = 3:38
5
13:15


6
12:48

4:16 pace
7

21:36
4:19 pace
8

21:32
3:59, 4:12, 4:28, 4:31, 4:20
9




10




My Park Time Trials

4 comments:

  1. wow sub-40! halimaw! haha! nice blog, jayson! fan na ako.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and I do appreciate your comment. Pero goal ko pa lang yung sub-40 kaya nde pa ako halimaw na maituturing. Hehehe.

    Drop by dito sa KL and I am more than happy to motivate you more on your own personal goals.

    Keep running my new found friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words to say man but I'm looking forward to see you cross that 10km finishline before the clock shows 00:40:00!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I join you Bryan in looking forward to see me beat that 40:00 marker.. Hehe. It is so elusive every time I try.

    Yung previous 3K and 5K Tempos, nauubos na hangin ko by the 2nd and 3rd laps.. Badly need ko na ulit mag-Sunday Long Run for endurance..

    ReplyDelete