TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Oct 28, 2011

Quick Report On Marathon Race Simulation

Last Thursday night, I got a good indication that a slow start can give me a stronger finish.
The Infinity Loop
After a warm up kilometer run on our 1Km Infinity Loop, I prayed to God for that safe and joyful evening Tempo run. Eight kilometers took more than 37 minutes, but I am quite alright. I did not push too hard. I was out to prove that a negative split can fit my into my personal strategy this upcoming Milo Finals. My kilometer splits were 4:37, 4:37, 4:34, 4:46, 4:43, 4:46, 4:38 and 4:48. The first three kilometers were easy, but when fatigue starts to set in, my pace did not suffer too much. I just breathed deeper and ran a little slower to recover. Good enough, my 7th Tempo-paced kilometer was still strong before I decided to take another breather on the 8th kilometer.

I then bought an ice-cold P20 green Sting drink at 7-11.
Last time, I bought the red one.
I will try the red Sting next week, then maybe get back to drinking Cobra just like Sundays.
This is all part of that grand experiment to try what's best for me in a marathon run.
Much like this negative split strategy.

Back to the loop, the rest was enough for a 4:28 and a 4:33 back to back. I got tired, but still managed to finish a 4:40 on the third kilometer. I ran strong for a 4:23, proving once and for all that conserving my energy on the first 8Km of this Tempo training worked, before I finished the 5th kilometer in 4:39.

When I got the data recorded on my Running Training Log, I was all smiles to averaged a 4:42 pace on the first 8Km and then a strong 4:33 pace on the next 5Km. Next Thursday, it's time to run an 8K-7K Tempo Combo. Till next time folks.

2 comments:

  1. nice training run jayson, thats exactly how it should be at this point in time leading to milo finals... keep that focus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Sir Junrox. See you on December 11. Less than 6 weeks to go! Training is fun.. a lot more serious than the previous 3 marathons.. I guess experience plays a critical factor on the training and on the strategy. plus it's my first Milo Finals.. so i am really excited and honored to run. :)

    ReplyDelete