TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Jan 17, 2012

Natural Run Top 20

Drew Arellano, the actor, finished at 20th place out of 850+ half marathon finishers.

Coach Rio, the runner and race director, paced with Drew and finished slightly ahead at 19th place.

Yours truly, the unknown, finished just 4 seconds ahead of Coach Rio to bag the 17th position.

I started trapped in about the 6th row from the starting line and had to maneuver my way slowly just to have a running space. It transformed into a chasing game for me from there. But I was very heavy so I failed to really chase as fast as I wanted to. Hehehe. See below picture (Bib #0284).


My lower back cried pain all throughout the race. Sensing the possibility of a DNF, I forced myself not to stop and even limited my hydration stops to only 2. One after the 7Km banner and the next one after the 14Km marker (after the second, I was very eager to finish the race and drink all I want!). The strategy worked as I never drifted from a manageable 5:00 pace. I counted 23 runners ahead of me before the PNR Makati U-turn point. I aimed to overtake 3 runners to finish at the Top 20. By the Buendia Kalayaan flyover, I managed to overtake 6. Then I went pass 2 more half marathoners after a few hundred meters back in BGC. I was then at 16th place but the 15th finisher was nowhere near my sight so I just took it easy from there. A lean runner overtook me and I never fought back. The only time I really stepped on the gas was when Coach Rio started to closed in on me on the final hundred meters of the race. I took 17th place after finishing in 1:45 hours!

Next race would be 10K sometime in late February or early March. I better lose some pounds and start getting right back to fit form.

Meanwhile, training resumes this Thursday. I do hope I start to get lighter as the training progresses.

Team Alpha1 after the Race

6 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! Rio panis!!! Ahehehehe...

    Congrats pards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ikaw na! haha! congrats idol. grabe lakas! panalo ung intro ng mga celebs sabay banat na olats sila sau. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roelle. Thanks. Masaya ako to finish ahead of Coach Rio, pero pacer lang sya ni Drew that time, kaya Easy Pace lang sya nun. Hehe.

    Hi Noel. Thanks teammate. Mabagal yung 1:45 sa target time ko, pero ang bigat ko kasi bigla paglipat ng bagong taon. Takbo na ko mamaya to start losing weight. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great run indeed! Puwede po bang magpa-train sa inyo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tsamba lang yung naunahan ko si Coach Rio, Atom. Hehehe. Tingin ko nde ako qualified na mag-train or mag-coach at this point ng running experience ko since very limited lang ang kaalaman ko sa pagtakbo. Maraming salamat sa comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. onga. kelangan na naten bumalik sa top running form. hehe!

    ReplyDelete