TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Feb 29, 2012

Feb Recap

I feel like I am now closer with my old running self.
Yet the weighing scale says otherwise. :D

I ran my last 29-kilometer long run nicely at 5:58 min/km pace. The last few weeks dating back to January saw me running at 6:05++ pace on 17K and 27K long runs. The last three or four kilometers of a long run usually says a lot about your current endurance level and I really felt strong towards the end of the run. Somehow, someway I am getting back to marathon endurance level.

February 26 was the last Sunday of February, I targeted my longest long run of 2012 on this Sunday -- 29 kilometers. And I was able to execute the plan! Cheers!

Courtesy of Runner's World Training Log:

52-Week Graph from 2011-2012
Week starts Monday and ends on Sunday

12-Month Graph from February 2011 to February 2012


Noticeable on the graphs are the consistent Easy and Long runs and the absence of Speed Runs (Tempo and Interval) for the year 2012. The intention is to build the base endurance foundation and get comfortable with the longer long runs -- maybe up to 45 kilometers by May or June. Losing weight is more important to me than gaining speed at this point in time. (I know speed training can actually speed up the weight loss but for 2 reasons I decided to delay speed training: (1) we build endurance first (2) I find it hard to sustain my speed works with my current weight and endurance level)

Tomorrow, March 1, I will start building my March running mileage. A new month and a new start (monthly mileage resets to 0Km). For this month, Easy runs and Long runs will still abound and the absence of speed runs and perhaps even races will be my norm. Sunday long runs will now be as long as 35 kilometers (March 4: 31Km, March 11: 33Km, March 18: 35Km, March 25: 31Km). The target mileage for March is about 225 kilometers (about 57Km per week).

4 comments:

  1. 57k per week is rather tough for me at this point (currently working at 30-47k/week ave). hanep ka sa dedikasyon pre!

    kitakits sa Milo Elims! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target ko Roelle i-sustain yung 10-6-10 kilometers Easy run tuwing Tues-Wed-Thurs tapos long run Sundays (31-35Km) -- total of 57-61Km.

    Nabasa ko dati, according sa weight ko, need ko yung at least 45Km per week to lose 1 pound. Pero madami pa den ako kumain kaya dinagdagan ko yung mileage to still be able to lose a pound per week.

    Marami den inspiration, aside from (1) weight loss, kaya nananatiling dedicated. (2) Gusto ko ulit mag-qualify sa Milo (3) yung mga teammates ko sa Alpha1 mas hanep pa saken yung mileage, si Eugene mag-102Km sa BDM, si Daves mag-marathon at nasa 72Km per week yung mileage nya. (4) gusto ko paglabas nung first baby ko, fit level na ko para alagaan sya.

    See you sa Milo ulit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kapag sinipag lang ako nakaka-72km per week. hahaha! wishing to have a renewed enthusiasm. malapit na nga ang manila elims. gusto ko din mag-qualify =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaya mo yan Daves. Daanin mo sa perseverance pag nawawala yung sipag. Hehe. Mas madali saken mag-persevere ngayon kasi pag gusto ko pang matulog kahit oras na ng long run, maiisip ko na kung hindi ako tatakbo, mananatili akong overweight.. Works so far. (Pero alam kong nasa fit level ka na kaya hindi applicable sayo yun, hehehe, pero meron ka ding sariling motivation para mag-persevere!)

    ReplyDelete