TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Mar 19, 2012

March Peak

I have conquered my peak distance for the month of March -- 35Km long run, 61Km week mileage.


But it was not a very good run in terms of strength and speed, it was my slowest long distance run of the year at 6:47 minutes/km pace.


It was, however, still my longest long run in 2012 so far. It took me almost 4 hours (3:56 hours to be exact) to complete. It was very difficult, but very rewarding at the same time. I won't blame myself so much for the slow speed in this blog, I just want to bask in my thoughts that despite the weight problems -- I was still able to log my farthest out-and-back-home run of the year!


Muhammad Ali once stated that champions are both made of skills in terms of talent (float like a butterfly and sting like a bee) and will (the tenacity and determination to win despite the struggles and difficulties). He also said that one's skill of the will must be greater than that of the skill of talents.


Running the last 2 or 3 kilometers of the 35K run, I no longer had the stamina, much less the talent, to keep on running strong and fast. My body screams for rest and walk and water! But at least I had the will of strength to just keep on running and finish what I've started. I may not be a tenth as great as Ali, but I think I understood at least a tenth of what he is talking about.


The prophet Isaiah also wrote.. Those who wait and trust in the Lord will renew their strength.. They will run and not be weary! Despite the spaghetti-tired legs and the camel-thirsty throat, there is always peace, faith, hope and assurance that our strength will not run out as the Lord empowers those who trust and call upon His name. I do sound like a minister, don't I? I guess I just want to really take care of my body and my health for my wife, my future kids and for the glory of my King -- to have an able body equipped to last a longer distance for a meaningful and abundant purpose.

4 comments:

  1. see you on sunday. another fast one this weekend? i, on the other hand, will be havin my 5km recovery run :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 61km week mileage! i need to have discipline like yours! 15km weekly lang ako lately. i need to start training for KL marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daves. Congrats sa iyong full marathon! Wow! Tuloy-tuloy na yan ha? You deserve the recovery run after a long marathon training period. Cherish yung first marathon experience. Hehe.

    I gave my race kit to a running friend so he could experience the thrill and the fun of a race event. Ako, 31Km Long Run tatakbuhin ko this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Noel. Good luck sa KL Marathon mo. Kayang-kaya mo yan, keep on improving.. malapit na malapit ka na sa dreams mo e. :)

    May halong desperation na den kasi yung discipline ko, kasi need ko magbawas ng timbang. Hehehe. Medyo may effect naman, from 162 pounds last mid-January, nasa 156 na lang ako ulit nung Sunday. Yey!

    ReplyDelete