TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Sep 24, 2013

DNS - First Half Marathon Long Run

Saturday Run Entry 

It was raining heavily. I had no business running against the strong winds and the heavy rains, yet the uncontainable urge within me to run 10Km prevailed. I was well warned not to run, less I succumb to flu and fever. I did not heed the warning and paid the price for my stubbornness.

I completed the 10K run under Habagat's fury.


Later that day, I got sick. First with the flu, and then later I was shivering with high fever. I was proud and fallen.

My hard-headed confidence cost me to miss the following-day long run.

Blessing

Whereas I do not believe in 'blessing in disguise', for I now trust that all things happen for a purpose under the watchful eyes of the Divine Power (and that all things work together for the good of those who love God), I missed my first 21K long run of 2013.

Then I also missed Monday's family-business appointment. We were suppose to buy a few cattle calves in Alfonso, Cavite. We are to expand our current herd of 18 cattle.

In hindsight, it still rained a lot on Sunday and Monday. Had I ran on Sunday, I will be more sick. For if running 10K in the rain gave me high fever, what can running 21K in the rain do to me? Also, had we purchased the calves early Monday morning, they will just get sick with cold under Habagat's fury (Poor little calves).

 Try Again Another Day
 

We just have to roll with the punches sometimes. You get hit hard, you just try to minimize the impact of the blow and learn from it. In my case, that's not letting my stubbornness get the better part of me.

This Sunday, Lord willing, I will be running my very first 21K run of 2013.
I was knocked down hard last weekend, but not knocked out.
I have a hard stubborn head after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment