TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Sep 13, 2007

Nine Songs

Baby Can I Hold,
Everything,
Exodus,
Hangin' By a Moment,
How's It Gonna Be,
If You're Gone


Six mp3 songs played by my phone while I try, my mind willing and my body struggling so damn hard, to do shadow boxing. By the end of the second song, sweat began to ooze out of my body (perhaps of heat and hard exercise combined). By the third song, I began to struggle with my breathing. By the fourth, I am already bathing in my own sweat and I can hardly catch my breath. By the fifth, it was a mental struggle "You can do it.. You can do it..", my body wants stop, my mind pushing it to its limits. By the sixth, it was "just finish the song.. finish it." And so I did and it was just my stubborn will to complete my daily cardiovascular training - shadow boxing.

Left jab, right straight. Jab, jab, straight. Left uppercut, right uppercut. Left jab, right uppercut. Move your feet, let go of the jab. Weave, don't let your invisible opponent catch you, move your head. Stalk, jab.. Repeat randomly until fully exhausted.

Half naked and facing a mirror, sometimes moving around to simulate a true sparring match. It was a pure struggle, cut the fats, trim the belly. Foolish. Fantastic.

The seventh song, Quasimodo, I rest for a while and study how much belly fats I still have to loose while I childishly enjoy the water coming out of the faucet. Water is my best friend by the seventh.

I do two sets of push ups when The Russian Futurists began to play. The first set with 30 counts and the second with only 20 as my arms already feeling the pains of a hard work out.

By the ninth song, Vindicated, I was doing my abdominal exercises. Whew, I was barely able to lift my body off the floor afterwards.

Baby Can I Hold was starting to be repeated when I washed and changed clothes.

It was a fine day as I retire to bed. Seven weeks almost complete (the first few weeks wherein I was only able to complete two songs of shadow boxing), ten more weeks left of rigorous exercise. I will not shave my beard till the final training day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment