TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Nov 4, 2009

Meet My Marathon Support Crew




We will not be joining forces to fight the evil Doctor Man and his allies. Rest assured, our team has but one goal: Lead me to the finish line and share the fun and excitement that little achievement brings.


My mom - What can I say? She has always been the one to encourage and congratulate me ever since my elementary / primary school days. She has guided me and taught me a lot to be who I am today. She cooks my breakfast before I go to work on Mondays, etc. (I'm shy to share the etc. part,  but needless to say, my mom does a lot for me.) That said, who will be more perfect to be supporting me and waiting for me on the finish line than her?

Nerissa - My loving soon-to-be lifetime partner. My marathon photographer. My number one fan. She'll also be the one to cook my special marathon food request. Hard boiled eggs. Hirap nun hon! Sure ka? Hehehe. I love to eat something on the 30th kilometer.. anything. I thought I like to eat a boiled chicken egg on the road. With a bottle of water or sports energy drink or else I might not finish the marathon due to suffocation -- a DNF caused by a deadly choke from an innocent egg.. ;)




Cyrine, Nerissa's sister - She has to make sure her Ate does not go somewhere else. Hehe.






Yeba - My Pacer from Pasong Tamo, Makati to Roxas Boulevard. Thanks bro! When it's your turn to run a marathon.. I will be more than willing to pace you from Km0 to Km42. Thanks for the support.  





Digi Running Team (Unofficial Team Name) - My running office mates. We run on Tuesdays and sometimes Thursdays at Velazquez Park, Makati City. Training with fellow runners motivates me to stay on track with my running goals. Just helping each other to be better runners. I hope to finish my marathon  for all of us guys.. Thank you all for the training days and the support.


Side Goal

Months ago, I told Nerissa that I was training for a 3:20 - 3:40 marathon debut. Back then, I was not even sure if I'd finish a full marathon run. As supportive as she is.. She promised to pay for the SM cinema tickets for the Pacquiao-Cotto bout on November 15th if.. a BIG if.. I could finish the marathon under 3:30. Otherwise, I would be the one to pay for the tickets.


Any more bettors?


5 Cities of Manila, Pasig, Mandaluyong, Taguig and Makati

9 Bridges consisting of Del Pan, Jones, McArthur, Ayala Blvd., Nagtahan, 

Lambingan, Mandaluyong, Guadalupe and E. Rodriguez
Plus the Kalayaan Flyover from EDSA to Buendia, Makati

An Urban Marathon to Help Save Ilog Pasig


With a 5-Hour Cut-Off Time for 42 Kilometers

Let's Keep Running.

15 comments:

  1. hehe, this post made me smile. i run the full with a team too, though not as large as yours. good luck, i'll see you in the PIM.

    P.S. I'm from EEE too! Lab mo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wilson for reading my blog and for the comment. I will see you on Sunday! Good luck to both of us. :)

    I joined the Yamatake Industrial and Control Automations Laboratory (YICAL) under Doc R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodluck on your race jayson!
    ako nalang yung green sa bioman hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha!! pano nga ba lutuin un?hehe
    goodluck hon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read that this is not a blog about running or racing, but a blog about life! About plans, inspirations, what fuels one's soul to achieve more in life. Yes, this is a blog about "the race" in ones life! Go Jase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @darksith: Sige, ikaw na si Green 2. Hehe. Thanks sa support. I hope to finish the marathon and have fun. :)

    @nerissa: Thanks hon. Nde ko rin alam panu magluto nun. Alam ko lang kumain. :D

    @Kuya Vic: Thanks a lot. Though a lot of this blog's contents are mostly running and boxing.. the passion behind it all is really about having fun and enjoying life to the fullest.. the inspiration to bring out the best in me and inspire others that YES! it can be done! Hehe.

    Very well said Kuya Vic. Thanks ulit. I'll do my best this Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck sa PIM! we await your blog on that next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Daytripper. I will keep you posted. Now I'm resting and just mentally preparing myself for the long hard grind this Sunday.. :)
    Last Thursday's run.. I found several ways to really tough it out.

    1. Negotiate with the body using chocolates as bribe. Haha. When losing speed and really feeling tired.. Sabi ko.. "Sige.. just finish strong. We'll eat the chocolates sa hydration belt later." Hehehe. It works.
    2. The marathon will be from 4:30 am onwards. When I'm at top speed and wondering for how long I could keep it up.. Sabi ko.. "Just push hard until the finish line. You will have the rest of the Sunday sleeping like a bear.." Hehe.
    3. Lastly, When my legs are tired and my knees and foot really feel the heavy pounding. I keep remembering the classic running quote "Pain is temporary. Pride and glory lasts forever." It keeps me going.

    Yun lang for today and tomorrow. Mental preparations na. I've trained the body to lasts the full marathon. Now it's mental training to tough it out, focus and lead the body to it's best possible performance on Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jayson - Good luck and most of all enjoy the route.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Sir Amado! I will enjoy the race and the route. Crossing 9 bridges would be tough, I will enjoy the challenge with all the runners trying to conquer PIM.

    Sasama na den daw Tatay ko, so it will also be a family event for us na. Hehe. The more the merrier. And the more motivation for me to push and cross the finish line.

    Salamat po for dropping by and for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jason,

    I didnt see you sa PIM,how did it go for you?

    Argonaut

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Argo / Rodel,

    It was a very long, hard, painful run for me. My right knee was severely aching after the 16th kilometer. I almost quit while walking in extreme pain at the Guadalupe bridge.

    Still able to finish the marathon though despite the difficulties. Grabeng bridges at flyover yan!! Sobrang layo na sobrang hirap pa.

    Congratulations on your marathon run den. 2nd mo na nu? Galing. Now I really have tremendous amount of respect sa mga marathoners. After experiencing how hard the 42.195km run is. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fan ka pala ng Bioman!

    Mabuhay ang mga Batang Bioman!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mabuhay ang mga Batang Bioman!
    Mabuhay!

    ReplyDelete