TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Mar 28, 2011

Globe 10Km Race - 10th Place


Yehey! I finished 7th on the 10Km Male category and 10th overall. To God be the glory. It was a nice comeback race for me after a 3-month layoff late last year. I luckily ended up on the first page of the overall top 10Km runners.

Looking at the 3.07Km split of the 10Km race, I was actually running close to my training pace. I finished 3.07 kilometers in 12:53 minutes (4:12 minutes per kilometer). At this point, I was the 5th male runner and was a full minute ahead of Mr. Ricardo Jimenez and Mr. Julian Valencia.


Then after the Buendia Kalayaan flyover, I began to feel my lack of Tempo training and was tiring fast at that point. I slipped to 7th place after the 7.66Km (4:33 min/km avg. pace) and 8.5Km (4:34 min/km avg. pace) splits. I finished the 10Km race in 45:52 minutes, at an average pace of 4:36 minutes per kilometer.

Congratulations also to my race buddies Ralph and Aiyan for their successful races as well as Team Alpha One and to all those who ran and enjoyed the race. 

For the race results, click Globe Overall results.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hon. Salamat sa post race meals na sinigang na hipon. At meriendang pansit. Para na den akong nanalo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice nice! good come back buddy! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bryan.

    It was a nice comeback.. And it made me thirst for more. I will see you on the Race with Masters.

    Congratulations den sa bago mong 21Km PR. Binabasa ko yung blogs mo from time to time. :)

    ReplyDelete