TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Jun 9, 2011

Week One of 9 Weeks To Milo

EASY 10 KM, 0:55:22 hours
8PM Tuesday, May 31
Velazquez Park, Makati


Coming from a half marathon race and a full week of rest.. My calves and legs are still a bit tired. Calves are tight and feels cramping.
 
Left knee is bothering me but still manageable.

Finished the run satisfied. Just took it nice and easy.


EASY 12 KM, 1:04:53 hours
8PM Thursday, June 2
Velazquez Park, Makati


I feel uneasy running at 5:30 minutes per kilometer.
I am worried I might get stuck at this pace and fail to speed up on my Tempo weeks.

Then I just kept on running at an easy pace and enjoyed the run.
Sometimes, it is really difficult to stick to the training schedule.
I want to speed up and feel the pace of my recently concluded half marathon race.

Thankfully, I have a training schedule.
I can calm down and focus on the day's goal.
Looking ahead, I will definitely be speeding up.
But for today, I just need to regain the feeling of running for an hour or more.


LONG 25 KM, 2:35:42 hours
5:20 AM Sunday, June 5
Aguinaldo Hiway, Silang, Cavite


Woke up 4am and applied some petroleum jelly on my crotches and underarms.
It is still full darkness on the road as I see through my room window.
I grabbed a cup of hot coffee and waited for a bit of sunlight.
By 5am, I am lying on the sofa and the it is still pretty dark outside.

Summer must have been over.

By 5:20am, I started running.
It would turn out to be my longest and most tiring run of the year so far.

During Sundays, I wear my heavy Adidas basketball shoes.
It is part of my training to wear heavy shoes on long runs.
And also partly because my Dad gave away my running training shoes to a needy relative.

By the 17th kilometer, I took a break.
Bought a bottle of Cobra energy drink and a few pieces of hot pandesal.
It is now 7am and the sun is shining brightly.
Not a good mix to my already tiring legs.

By the 21st kilometer, I was already dizzy.
The heat is bothering me a lot.
Besides, I am doing a repeat of my longest Sunday long run -- 25 kilometers.

I ran under the shelters of trees and the shadows of walls and houses..
Only to escape the wrath of the rising sun.

By the time I reached our house.. I feel I'm as good as dead.

Next week, I need to continue to start building up on mileage.
I cannot run a marathon like I ran on my first marathon training week.
I got to train harder and build strength and endurance.

2 comments:

  1. good luck on qualifying for milo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salamat Daves.. Unti-unti lang. And when Milo marathon race finally comes. I hope I'm fully ready. Let's keep training.

    ReplyDelete