TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Dec 22, 2011

Season 3 Finale

I dubbed season 3 as "The Finals." The hope and expectation were to qualify for the Milo Finals though it was never guaranteed.


Fortunately, a 3:43-hour finish last July marathon was enough for your Pandesal Runner to make it to the Milo Finals. 


My heart is in full gratitude to Our Creator, the Lord Almighty, for all that I am.


Another hero behind this accomplishment is Bryan of Team Alpha1. I was nowhere near running form, still feeling the hurts of a 5:22-hour Milo marathon, when Bryan convinved to join the team and to keep on running. With his encouragement, I slowly got back to running.. I finished another 10Km race, clocked a new half marathon PR at 1:33 hours (Greentennial Run), and then a marathon PR of 3:43 hours at the Milo Eliminations. I will be forever grateful for Bryan and for Team Alpha 1 for reviving my running pursuits.
  • One 10K race.
  • Two 21K races, a PR achieved (1:33 hours).
  • Two 42K races, a PR (3:43 hours) and a Milo Finals appearance achieved.
Few races, yet I feel like they took a lot of years and a lot of hardwork to achieve.
  • I learned how to be a pacer (Rexona half marathon),
  • I learned how to run Yasso 800s (4 to 10 reps),
  • I stretched my Tempo runs to 17Km (from a previous Tempo highs of 10Km),
  • I ran longer Sunday long runs of up to 39Km (from 35Km),
  • I lifted weights for a period of ten straight weeks (and then some more),
  • I did boxing routines with my punching bag for several rounds each day each week,
  • I learned how to really put a lot of heart, time and efforts for the love of this sport.


And I met new running friends,
a running team,
attended running blogger's launches,
promoted running events through this blog,
and much much more.


I also got married this year after finally qualifying for the Milo Finals.
Later, maybe I can ask Neriz if that was part of the reason why she finally said "Yes" to my marriage proposals. 


We are expecting a fantastic gift from the Almighty next year..
Little Pandesal Runner will be due next July 2, 2012!!!


All in all.. I am just very grateful for such a blessed Season 3.
The ending was not what I dreamt of, I crashed on the Finals after reaching the 38th kilometer.
But on the positive light of it, I might have needed that to start a spark from within my fighting heart. I will need to fight much harder next time, maybe a bit smarter too.


As I formally bid my farewell to 2011 and my Season 3 adventures..
Again, I am just very grateful for this year..
And I thank you all for sticking with me through the good and the bad.
Thank you and I will definitely be back again next year!


Happy holidays!
Have a great new year to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Great year man! You achieved a lot this year. sabi nga ni Gian, "keep pounding the rock"

    ReplyDelete