TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Jan 5, 2012

Almost Tempo

Last Tuesday night, 12 Kilometers were the daily mileage schedule (should there be kilomeage as the metric equivalent of mileage?). Two kilometers to warm up, 3 kilometers in top speed preferably 3:59 pace or better, 2Km recovery jog, another 3 kilometers in top speed followed by a 2-kilometer cool down. The training goal is to carry my 1Km speed up to 3Km. To develop the stamina and endurance at top speed.

Great idea. Poor execution.

I ran 2 kilometers slightly slower than 6:00 pace. Strictly following the prescribed training run.
Hit 4:20 on the 3rd kilometer.
Recovered for a kilometer. Ooops! This is not planned, is it?
Hit 4:17 on the 5th kilometer.
Recovered for a kilometer. You are not following the plan, are you?
Hit 4:23 and 4:36 on the 7th and 8th kilometer.
Recovered for a kilometer.
Hit 4:33 on the 10th kilometer.
Cooled down with a 2-kilometer jog.

I don't know what to expect this coming January 15th on RunRio's Natural Run. I will be running 21Km and was hoping I could run at an even pace of 4:20 and submit a 1:31-hour finish. But as of last Tuesday, I can only run 4:20 for ONE kilometer, not the entire 21KM.

As poor as my last few training runs had been, there is still a ray of hope. Tonight, I will be running again. Who knows, I might just be able to sustain the 4:20 pace for 8 straight kilometers.. and then do much better during the actual race. Nothing's too hard if I just keep my focus and keep on trying..Right?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Anyhow, I will be wearing my running outfit tonight and see. It's a Tempo training run.. Like the previous training run, I might be tempted again to insert recovery laps in between the scheduled Tempo distance.. Or I might finally get the discipline and determination I am so lacking to finish the run according to schedule.

Let's hit the road, shall we?

2 comments:

  1. yeah boi! can't wait Go natural run! dabest, keep us inspired bro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1:31! hinimatay ako!!! haha! see you next week, idol jayson!

    ReplyDelete