TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Mar 16, 2015

Long Run to Nuvali

I just found a new playground.

Before I ran to Nuvali, my plan was to run in loops twice and a half more for an 18-kilometer run. Then Lynnel, my sister-in-law, suggested I take the route to Nuvali. The idea was further reinforced when my church Pastor took me along for a Christian leadership training in Malvar, Batangas. Going to Batangas, we drive through the road to Nuvali.

Sunday morning, I was there running the agricultural fields of Silang, Cavite to Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna. It was a very satisfying long distance run and I am so glad to find this new running route for my weekend long runs. No more 3km and 7km loops on weekends, the Nuvali route is at least 18km and I will just extend the route more and more as my endurance builds and increases.

This route is mostly straight and descents. Armed with excitement for a new route and a new long distance record (my previous high was 15km last February), I was very excited. The views of the nature, the agricultural fields, grasses and trees and the very limited houses were a welcome sight. There were very few vehicles on the road. I reached the city of Sta. Rosa in 57 minutes (around 5:25 minutes per kilometer).

My difficulties began on my return run. First, I was starting to tire. Second, it is now 7 o'clock and the heat of the sun starts to torch my face and skin. Third and most difficult of all, the ascent is grueling and heart breaking. The sports tracker application said I ascended a total of a little less than 500 meters. That is quite high as I had always find it tough to bike my way to Tagaytay which has total ascent of 400 meters (Did I say I find 400m difficult on a bike? 500 on foot is therefore much harder). The uphill battle got the better of me as I gave up and walked a few meters before I reached the flats again. The return trip took 68 minutes (7:30 minutes per kilometer), way slower than my first 9 kilometers.

My First Long Run to Nuvali
I know I will beat this route better next weekend. For now, let me bask in my little triumph of upping my long distance record of year 2015 to 18.4 kilometers. Yehey!

No comments:

Post a Comment