TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Aug 18, 2009

Pandesal Runner



This is the sequel to the "Run For Pandesal" blog.
The original run has just been upgraded from a 7-km run to a 15-km.

Then where did the pandesal go?
Let's trace it using the following maps from Kabeet.com.

Shown below is the map of Silang, Cavite. My hometown.
It's bounded by Dasmarinas on the North side and Tagaytay City on the South.
Silang covers an area of 209.4 square kilometers. If I can still do my Math, that's roughly a perimeter of 57.827 kilometers.

The DARK RED line traverse the route from my house in Brgy. Balite 1st to my girlfriend's house in Brgy. Kaong.


The original Run for Pandesal route covers 5 Barangays and are shown in a BLUE line. The extended route now covers 7 Barangays, the additional Brgy's are shown in PINK.



Run for Pandesal Revised Goals:
  1. Be able to wake up and start the run by 5am.
  2. Buy Hot Pandesal from Silang taking the uphill Brgy. Pasipit road.
  3. Using the Iba-Sabutan shortcut road, deliver the Hot Pandesal to Brgy Kaong.
  4. Eat breakfast at my girlfriend's house (about 30 minutes of rest).
  5. Go back to the bakery at Silang to buy another bag of Hot Pandesal.
  6. Go back home by 7am and let my family enjoy their Pandesal breakfast.

I really had a lot of fun. These are the most noteworthy.
  • I'm having a stomach ache from my house up to the bakery. Probably due to lack of breakfast and coffee to warm my intestines.
  • I loved the darkness of the road at the start of the run. I was afraid I might bump into a post or fall on the canals. Hehehe.
  • I also enjoyed the sunrise. 5:30 am and the sun begins to shine. Everybody's mostly asleep and I'm at the road already smiling at the morning skies.
  • The Iba-Sabutan shortcut road was fantastic. The trees covering the wide asphalt road with their branches and leaves.. Nature's beauty.
  • I don't like dogs so much now. They just kept on barking at me and following me like I am some akyat-bahay gang member.
  • I enjoyed my first ever breakfast prepared by my soon-to-be-wife. I just loved it seeing her that early in the morning and preparing our food. Truly lovely.
  • The smiles pour on the street with friends, relatives and neighbors. I appreciate the love of everyone at our community more than ever.
  • My dad asking me "Saan ka galing?." Hahaha. I loved the frown on his face when I said "Sa Kaong." He must have thought I'm really crazy.
  • Covering Brgy. Balite 1st, Tatyao, Iba, Pasipit, Silang town proper, Sabutan and Kaong on foot is now on the books. It was not so difficult after all. And I did it twice! Back and forth.
  • I have covered a total of 4 bridges (8 back and forth) and my legs definitely felt the painful uphill climbs.

That's it. I was as slow as a turtle finishing the 15Km run with a time of 1:44:16.79 (breakfast time excluded). It was a slow and fun long run. I was taking it easy because of my calf muscles. They were still tired from the Hataw 10km race last Sunday.Thankfully, they have fully recovered. The rest days paid off. Fantastic.

4 comments:

  1. 3 Days to go bago yung Botak 10-Miler ko sa UP Diliman on August 23.

    Para makatagal ako dun, tatakbuhin ko ulit yung Pandesal Runner route na 'to for another 15Km additional mileage.

    36 kilometers pa lang natatakbo ko for this upcoming race, mejo tagilid na mileage para matapos ko yung 10-Mile challenge.

    Bukas ng umaga, Friday, 5am.. Early roadwork ulit for another fun long run.

    Hope to beat the 1hour 44minutes time bukas, more importantly.. Hoping to have a lot of fun ulit on the road.

    Gonna report back before lunch tomorrow. Hopefully meron na kong maipapakitang pictures.. Hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! Another Pandesal Run on the books.. (blogs!). Hehe.

    Broke the previous time with a 1:31:56.11. I knew I'll break, I wore racing shorts this time around instead of the jogging pants the last time (hampers a bit of my legs' running movements)..

    Other notables:
    - No more stomach aches. I drank a quarter cup of coffee before I started the roadwork.
    - No chasing dogs this time.
    - More smiles on the road. Little boys that saw me jog, smiled and ran with me for a few meters. Hehe.
    - My hon took a picture of me on my approach to their house. Will post it here soon.

    OK. That's the update for today. Next update will be after the Botak 10-Miler Race at UP-Diliman this Sunday.

    Got to get back to bed and have a little bit more sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe lakas mo talaga.
    naaalala ko dati twing tatakbo tayo pagdating sa acad oval likod mo na lng ang nakikita ko lagi. Tapos after ng 1st ikot di na kita makita hehehe.

    buti ka pa natuloy mo yang pagtakbo, ako ang laki na ng bilbil ko hehehe
    --mandieboi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandie,

    Salamat sa pagbisita.. at sa pagcomment. Hehe.

    Oo, tumatakbo pa den. Mas masaya yung Racing kasama ng mga ibang runners, iba yung adrenaline rush saka yung challenge. Para gusto mong habulin lahat ng kasabay at nauuna sayong tumakbo. :D

    Pero yun nga, tama ka den. Fitness yung primary goals naten sa pagtakbo -- pampaliit ng tyan, iwas sa pagbigat at pag-angat ng timbang. Hehe. Meron pa palang isang goal.. Pero di ko na lang sasabihin, baka mabasa ng misis mo at saka ng girlfriend ko.. yari tayo pareho. Hahaha.

    Cge. Ingat lagi. Takbo ka den ulit minsan. Daming Races ngayon sa UP, The Fort, saka Quirino Ave sa Manila.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete