TULOY PO KAYO sa aking munting kastilyo.... WELCOME TO KASTILYONG LAPIS ....

Mar 11, 2011

2011 Training Log: Week 10 Runs and Rants

o Monthly Milestones. I got a 3:53 kilometer lap from last Tuesday's 10Km run. I have three goals (weight 160, speed 4:00 on a kilometer split, mileage 21 kilometer long run). One goal down!

o After that 1 kilometer best, I think I recorded one my worsts this month, 7:15 minutes. I was just so tired sprinting for a best lap I almost left nothing on my gas tank on the next one.

o 161.0 pounds. Yehey! I am just 1 pound away from my monthly goal and more importantly, 10 pounds lighter than when the year turned 2011. One pound down per training week.

o I plan to race the Globe Run for Home 2011. I registered on the 10Km. I love to be back on the podium much like my 3rd place finish from last year (43 minutes). It will be very difficult but I will try.

o A bit of personal history, I ran Globe 2009 10Km in 53 minutes. Globe 10Km 2010 edition in 43 minutes. Realistically, I may be able to complete the 10Km 2011 edition in 63 minutes. Hehehe.

o I am loving the 3x a week running schedule. It helps me rests my legs for the succeeding training runs. Whereas last year, running 4-5 times a week forces me to run on tired legs on the succeeding training run. As a nice benefit, I am able to run stronger and better each time this year (so far). And I think I am less prone to those knee, foot and leg injuries. (Still inconclusive as I was running up to 42 kilometers last year, this year I have yet to run 21 kilometers.)

o Will I follow the same training schedule for the marathon? I don't know. I might. I might not. Mileage must go up for the marathon training and 3x a week might not suffice.

o Formal marathon training starts this April. Do I say Yehey? For yet another exciting marathon journey. Or do I say Yikes? For yet another grueling running schedule. (Not to mention more running expenses and more blisters and more chafing possibilities).

o I just joined a running team: http://fitfastandstrong.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/first-flight-pdi-5man-relay/ We also have a Facebook page. (Will try to post it later.)

o "Alpha 1" sounds elite. And it looks like the team is composed of fun people. I look forward to meeting and running with you guys! Thanks Bryan for the recruit. I want my Alpha 1 singlet already!


o Sunday Long Runs to Tagaytay. This Sunday morning, I will be up to 17Km, and then 21Km on the following Sunday. The 10% increase rule says I should not go from 17 to 21. Right?

o But I will be running Globe on the 27th. So I have to be flexible, the 17, 19, 21Km schedule just went down the drain.

o I will just have to cut off a few kilometers on my weekday runs (now 22km) to make sure I do not exceed the 10% Rule on the weekly mileage. I will run 39 kilometers this week and then just 41 kilometers on the next one. (20km on weekdays + 21km on the Sunday).

o I may need to go back to strength/weight training. Just to make sure my legs are strong enough to tackle longer runs and higher mileage in preparation for the marathon.

o Next up, April and 2nd Quarterly running goals (marathon preparation, down to 150 pounds, 3:30 fastest kilometer). But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. March goals are almost in the bag but it ain't over till it's over. Little by little we should go. (Darating den tayo jan.)

o Thank you Lord Jesus for a happy life, good health and a fine wife-to-be.

 

2 comments:

  1. woah! welcome to the team man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bryan.

    Can't wait for my next flight as an Alpha One. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete